Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Well, Damn.

So. Dom vs. Domme, which should a female dominant use? Which is the least insulting based on 'default vs other' and is really just a simple description of the dominant regardless of gender? I think every other blog I read on the topic of female domination has weighed in.

It's not even a debate, really. Dom is the term I'm going to be using from here on out. But - goddamnit - I used domme in my url. I like my url. I think the 'e' is pretty from a symbol-sound-shape perspective.

... so is it hypocritical to acknowledge that domme is a problematic term and yet still use it as a shorthand signifier that I'm talking about femdom and not homdom. Sorry, maledom. I really want to use homdom, though. It's hilarious.

So, yes. Hypocritical, y/n? Yes is an acceptable answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment